How to fix common problems with Pangu Jailbreak for iOS 9
If you run into any trouble with regards to the recently released iOS 9 jailbreak by Pangu Team, don’t worry. There are solutions that work for the dozens of users that claim that the “iOS 9 Jailbreak is not working” or that the “Pangu tool is stuck” at some point of the process. Typically, these issues can be tracked down to some type of user error and are easily fixed. Here’s what you can do to fix common problems with the iOS 9 jailbreak on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
General hints and recommendations for the iOS 9 jailbreak
The hackers behind the jailbreak tool and current exploit have a couple of things to say, which should get you on the right track:
- Remember to disable your “Passcode”, “Touch ID” and “Find My iPhone” toggles in the “Settings” app.
- Make sure to use your iPhone in “Airplane mode” with disabled WiFi during the procedure. This is especially important for the later steps.
- Reboot your iPhone and your PC if you run into trouble.
- Make use of the “Restore functionality” of the Pangu Tool when dealing with serious issues and errors.
Pangu tool stops at 45%, errors at 45%, error code 0A
If you get the error message “Error at 45% – Error occurred in preparing the environment, error code (0A)”, you are most likely using encrypted backups to store all of your passwords and alike in iTunes backups. The iOS 9 jailbreak doesn’t work very well on devices which have this option enabled. There are two things you can do:
- Disable encrypted backups in your iTunes application, create a fresh backup and start the jailbreak process anew, OR
- Fully restore your iPhone and set it up as a new device, skip through all of the steps of the initial assistant, jailbreak and then restore your encrypted backup afterwards. Both options work, the latter keeps your passwords intact.
Issues with OTA updates
OTA updates are installed over-the-air, which means that you get them without the use of iTunes. While convenient, these types of updates have long been known to cause issues with iOS jailbreaks and the iOS 9 jailbreak is no exception.