Nested Folders in iOS 9: Guide
Nesting folders or nested folders on your iPhone are still a feature Apple hasn’t officially made available. Without our handy trick or a jailbroken device, there is no easy way to move a folder into another folder to create multi-level folders in iOS 9. But don’t worry, you don’t have to be Harry Houdini for this to work, it just requires a little bit of dexterity.
Here’s our tutorial on how to create nested folders in iOS 9 on your iPhone.
Nested Folders in iOS 9
- Position the folder you would like use as your destination for the other folder in the top right corner of your Home Screen.
- Tap and hold the destination folder until you get into “wiggle mode”.
- Now drag the target folder (the other folder) slowly towards the screen border.
- While you are dragging, tap quickly and repeatedly onto the destination folder in the top right. This should eventually allow you to place the target folder within it, because it will open at some point and allow you to let go of the other folder.
- Take your time and feel free to repeat this trick if it doesn’t work right away!
The advantage of having nested folders lies in having more organizational freedom, which comes in handy when you are dealing with lots and lots of apps on a device with extensive storage space. Let’s just hope Apple catches on to this bug and implements it as an actual feature.