Jailbreak iOS 9, 9.0.1, 9.0.2 – Pangu Download & Tutorial
Here’s a tutorial on how to jailbreak iOS 9, iOS 9.0.1 and iOS 9.0.2 using the newly released jailbreak tool by Team Pangu. Jailbreaking your iPhone 6s and older iPhones allows you to install so-called “cydia tweaks” and apps which are not available in the iTunes App Store. While the iOS 9 jailbreak is primarily used for customization purposes and fairly unproblematic, you should be aware of the security concerns that are connected to unlocking your iPhone’s sandbox features. If you rely on having the best security, for instance if using a work phone, you should refrain from jailbreaking.
All disclaimers and warnings aside: Jailbreaking iOS 9 is a great way to extend your device’s capabilities and apply themes and tweaks to customize your experience.
Prerequisites for the iOS 9 Jailbreak:
- iOS 9.0, iOS 9.0.1 or iOS 9.0.2 on a supported iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Access to a windows computer
- A recent iCloud or iTunes backup of your device
If you still need to create your backups, see our handy guide on backing up your iPhone and restoring backups afterwards.
How to jailbreak iOS 9.0 – 9.0.2:
- Make sure you have backed up your apps and settings (see above)
- Disable the following features:
- Find My iPhone (Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone)
- Passcode (Settings > Passcode)
- Enable the following features:
- Airplane Mode (Settings > Airplane Mode)
- Download the Pangu 9 jailbreak tool to your windows computer. Right-click the executable file and select “run as administrator”.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via the USB cable. The jailbreaking tool should now recognize your device. Click the “Start” button to launch the process and confirm that you already have a backup.
- Patiently wait until you receive further instructions. Do not disconnect the device or touch the screen and buttons unless prompted to do so. Your iPhone will restart multiple times and require you to re-enable the airplane mode setting, launch the Pangu app and allow it to access your “Photos” app. Simply follow the instructions closely and you should be fine.
- Finally, disable the airplane mode to use the Cydia store. The initial launch will take a while, please do not interrupt the set up process. Enjoy!